Civil Senior Engineer/Principal Engineer - Water (Non-Infrastructure)
As part of a joint venture, our client are working on the AMP5 and AMP6 Treatment frameworks for a major Utilities Water Company. This award winning JV team provide asset management and engineering solutions for the client to address identified risks to their business.
As the AMP6 workload increases we require a Civil Senior/Principal Engineer to join the design team.
Outline of role
Lead designer on projects, or part of a project team on major commissions, within a multi disciplinary design team for several key clients covering a range of activities from project feasibility through to detailed design and construction support. Responsible for planning and managing the delivery of the design elements of the project (including time and cost), either alone or through multi-discipline project teams.
Input to technical elements of Project Management Plan
Assist in the preparation of the Scope of Services (Proposal) documents including any post tender negotiations
Assist in the creation of the tender
Assist the Project Manager as required in clarifying the project brief, agree deliverables, key milestones, project methodology, quality assurance and control strategy
Work within agreed deliverables, key milestones, project methodology, quality assurance and control strategy
Input to technical elements of the Project Management Plan
Finalise project checking and approval arrangements
Attend internal project start-up meeting
Review and validate design inputs; submit RFI requests via the Project Manager
Produce design deliverables (inc. inter alia calculations, drawings, sketches, reports etc) to achieve the optimum engineering solution for the project
Implement and manage project checking and approval arrangements
Assess, document and communicate design change to the Project Manager
Participate in technical reviews (this may involve chairing the review meeting)
Check design outputs before submission to the PM/TA for approval
Attend internal project review meeting
Attend 'close out meeting' with the client
Recommend / implement improvements to technical policy, processes and design solutions and share via the knowledge management channels as appropriate
Masters Degree in Civil Engineering
You will have significant experience in the water industry
The client is only interested in applicants with good non -infrastructure knowledge within the water industry.
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that time scales are met
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
- Take responsibility for personal development and enable and support the learning of others
- Effective negotiation and persuading skills, able to manage and diffuse challenging situations
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate
- Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery
For more information contact Thomas Bullen 01202 888 986
We look forward to receiving your application.