Civil/Senior Engineer - Water
You will report directly to the Design Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
Produce Civil design layouts which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed and commissioned effectively. The term 'cost' is to embrace all costs associated with the design and the subsequent construction of the design. To be cost effective the whole out turn cost of the design solution must be considered including design time costs, material costs, erection costs and any impact that the design solution might have on other disciplines.
- Ensure that standard practices are utilised wherever possible.
- Maintain competitiveness
- Provide estimates and feedback for Proposals department
- Work to procedures and processes to ensure the continuing development of the department
- Assist in developing procedures and processes
- Monitor and review the procedures and processes
- Write, update and monitor efficient procedures to aid the smooth running of the department.
- Maintain files and records throughout the duration of contracts.
- Assure customer satisfaction
- To work within a culture where satisfying the customer is recognised as the key to achieving other objectives, and that customers include everyone receiving benefit from our processes, whether end users or other departments within the company.
- Maintain a personal development plan
- Assist in supervising and developing staff
- Assist in ensuring a safe working environment for all staff
- Reduce waste to a minimum from all departmental activities
- Ensure designs take account of environmental issues
- Ensure that design takes full regard of all health and safety requirements.
- Understand the principles of water and sewage treatment.
- Have experience of controlling members of staff in designing Civil aspects of water and sewage treatment plants (3 years)
- Preferable: - Civil Engineering degree - 4 years' relevant experience
- Minimum: - Civil Engineering HND - 5 years' relevant experience
- Ability to think clearly under pressure
- Good negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to rationalise designs and produce economic plant layouts
- Good general knowledge of all aspects of water treatment, e.g. mechanical engineering, process engineering, electrical engineering and project management
- A flexible mind, with the ability to assimilate large amounts of different data at one time
- Ability to present technical proposals clearly, confidently and convincingly
- Computer literacy
- Driving license