|Job Title:||Civil Engineer - Renewables|
|Location:||South West England,|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is a world leading Renewable Energy consultancy.
Their Project Engineering Department exists to ensure that renewable energy projects are developed, constructed and operated in an appropriate way to provide a safe and reliable source of energy that meets their customers' business objectives. They have a consistently strong demand for their services from developers, owners and financiers and are seeking an additional experienced civil engineering consultant with a particular aptitude for geotechnical and foundation engineering to grow their existing team.
Within this specialist field, you will work closely alongside a small number of other civil engineers in the department as well as collaborating frequently with engineers of other disciplines (commercial, electrical, turbine, transmission, project management) to deliver a mixture of standard and bespoke services.
Accordingly you will need to take initiative, operate within diverse teams, work efficiently on standard processes and take a rational and organised approach to new services. You will typically work on a number of projects simultaneously, with involvement from several hours to many months, and often towards demanding deadlines.
Depending on projects demands, travel requirements will vary but it is typically expected to entail one or two national or European visit (e.g. to construction sites) per month.
- Review and assessment of ground conditions at project sites as part of technical due diligence for project financing;
- Detailed independent review of onshore wind turbine and solar PV foundation designs for lenders, investors and owners;
- Review of civil engineering designs and other contractor submissions as Owner's Engineer for renewable projects;
- Construction monitoring and inspections construction and operational projects;
- Various other services such as failure analyses, delivery route assessment, end of warranty inspections, commissioning ground investigations, cost estimation;
- Maintaining, developing and internally sharing our industry leading technical knowledge; and,
- Customer contact, proposal writing, internal project administration.
The role is suited to an experienced candidate, probably with around 4 to 8 years of professional experience. The successful candidate is likely come from a geotechnical consultancy background, with a strong understanding of foundation design and the aptitude to build on their existing structural engineering principles. Prior experience in renewables, wind energy in particular, is highly desirable but not essential.
- Understanding of ground investigation results and their construction, design and commercial implications for projects;
- Geotechnical foundation engineering, practiced in Eurocode;
- Shallow and piled foundations;
- Engineering analysis, modelling and calculation;
- Construction monitoring and inspection; and,
- Report writing, written and verbal communications.
- Prior experience in the following aspects would be helpful; otherwise the aptitude to develop rapidly in these areas will be essential:
- Structural engineering (Reinforced concrete design, dynamic loads, fatigue);
- Understanding of utility scale wind turbines and wind energy projects;
- Understanding of utility scale solar PV projects;
- Working knowledge of Construction Design and Management Regulations;
- Basics of highway design and construction;
- Resident engineer experience;
- Contractual awareness;
- Due diligence services and understanding of project financing;
- Specification writing.
- Bachelor degree in civil engineering, Master's degree preferred.
- A current driving licence valid in UK and Europe
- For UK based candidates Chartered engineer status, or nearing that stage (e.g. at least 75% completed training agreement). An equivalent level of qualification or experience would be expected of a non-UK based candidate.
Please contact Sally Woods for further information