Our client is a growing fund with a market leading positions across financial services, healthcare and energy.
We are looking for an experienced as Commercial Asset Manager to oversee the management of wind power companies. The operational activities of the companies are outsourced. Supported by in-house technical and financial teams, the commercial asset manager will liaise closely with the outsourced providers to drive financial and operational performance and resolve issues as they arise.
- Develop a detailed understanding of wind technology and performance drivers, as well as the wider UK energy trading market to help drive commercial strategy of plants
- Update and maintain complex financial models, reflecting how the power plants operate and sell their power into the national grid
- Support internal reporting, including periodic valuation of the portfolio companies
- Oversee and manage all revenue and expenditure and cash balances in SPVs (incl. drawdowns, dividends etc)
- Liaise with the operators of the power plants to monitor performance throughout the life cycle of plants; gathering and managing detailed data for the portfolio companies
- Become an expert on the various project contracts, challenging counterparties and using this knowledge when required
- Drive issue resolution incl. commercial decision making and getting approvals from the relevant investment committee as appropriate
- Review and critically analyse the management accounts, reports, and financial models of the Companies reporting any issues to senior management and approving write offs as necessary
- Review weekly and monthly operational reports from external operational and asset managers, ensuring reports are timely and in accordance with contractual requirements
- Maintain and enhance the risk monitoring framework in place, designed to identify any issues early and resolve them in a timely fashion
- Oversee any deferred consideration or other obligations due from legal agreements
- Assist with portfolio optimisation in line with relevant deal closing strategy; this could include restructurings, PPA strategy, portfolio tendering, third party debt refinancing or exit strategies
- Preparation/oversight of operational budgets for both operational and facility purposes
- The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years' experience managing or investing in wind generating assets.
- Excellent academic record
- The Commercial asset manager will be required to have knowledge of renewable energy or other infrastructure management services
- Knowledge of private equity deals, project finance and private company valuations is essential
- Good financial knowledge and experience of managing external debt facilities would be desirable.
- Financial modelling experience desirable, but not essential Flexibility and "can do" attitude
- will be responsible for delivering accurate financial and operational information to Directors, funders and, as well as supporting any investment transactions on the portfolio via, for example, managing due diligence requests on the assets.
- Regular travel to site and contractors' offices (UK) will be required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fluency in a European language would be an advantage
- Looking for a challenging role as part of an asset management career
- Commercial mindset, able to own operational decision making and understand its impact across the portfolio
- Strong team player with the confidence to exercise judgement appropriately, challenge and liaise with colleagues at all levels of seniority
- A self-starter with high energy levels, initiative and a willingness to commit whatever it takes to deliver the required results
- Able to work under pressure and towards deadlines