This an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Assistant to assist and manage the day to day commercial administrative duties working alongside, and on behalf of the Quantity Surveyor. You will be joining an established and welcoming team at location in the Midlands, where we will need you to deliver a consistently high standard of work whilst implementing excellent organisational and project management skills.
- In conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor, undertake small scale accounts activity with subcontractors, including management of invoices and weekly statements, and preparation of payments for sign off by the Quantity Surveyor.
- Generate customer billing and account reconciliations whilst reviewing previous billing including variations within the various systems and provide an update to the Quantity Surveyor to ensure weekly targets are met.
- Advise and assist Design department where necessary with estimating and commercial matters.
- Prepare, update and submit aged debt report to the Quantity Surveyor on a weekly basis for analysis and submission to Project Managers and the Exec Team.
- In conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor, manage and resolve aged debt disputes including preparation and collation of relevant information.
- Maintain and manage the Sub-Contractors approval database.
- Administrate and manage project closures for sign off by the Quantity Surveyor.
- Ability to collate, analyse and present data from various different sources.
- Draw cost inferences from data.
- Understanding and experience using commercial reports.
- Experience in a similar administrative role
- Attention to detail whilst managing several projects at the same time.
- Good team collaboration as well as influencing and negotiation skills.
- Experience within the utilities industry sector would be advantageous.