Allen & York has been engaged by a leading travel organisation to assist them in their search for a Commercial Director to join their business and lead on the strategic direction of the Certification Programme and deliver the business plan.
Reporting into, and working closely with the Director of Sustainability, this is a varied and interesting role where you will have responsibility for sales, finance, stakeholder engagement, marketing and communications and analysis.
To be considered for the role, the following skills and attributes are required:
- you will hold a first degree and preferably a second degree in an environmental or business discipline
- a strong commercial acumen is required as the role is multifaceted
- a strong financial background - you will be required to prepare the annual budget and control expenditure
- strong and proven networking skills, preferably within the travel sector
- you will ideally have a background in the travel and tourism sector
- proven team management skills, as you will be leading a team of professionals
- you will be involved in designing and adapting the strategy of the programme so experience of this is essential
- you will be responsible for managing the marketing plan and communications so any prior exposure to this will be beneficial
- regular international travel is required so a willingness to be flexible at short notice is essential
- someone with a forward thinking approach, to inject new ideas into the business and drive positive change
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
This is a fantastic opportunity to have a noticeable impact on the tourism industry and help to grow the business further. If you tick the boxes and would like to find out more, please contact Katie Pereira on 01202 888986 ext 207.