|Job Title:||Operations Finance Manager - Renewables|
|Salary:||£70000 - £100000 per annum + car + bonus + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our Client is a fast-growing UK fund management business with leading positions in several specialist sectors including healthcare, energy and smaller company investing.
Their success is based on its 400 + employees adopting and applying values that make great businesses.
Commercial Finance Manager will essentially act as Finance Director to a large number of small companies set up to own and operate energy generating plants.
Liaising with the technical and investment teams they will be approving budgets and expenditure, ensuring cost control, reviewing management accounts and audited accounts and dealing with all budget related issues.
You will be overseeing all aspects of financial control for >100 small companies set up to own and operate energy generating plants.
The companies are owned by investors own managed companies and do not have any direct employees. Their operational activities include solar power parks, anaerobic digestion systems, ground source heat pump, wind farms and biomass generators.
A large part of the role will involve invoice approvals and overseeing commercial negotiations in relation to the delivery (or non-delivery) of technical service contracts.
Experience in these areas (invoice approvals and contracts management) is essential.
Such experience may have been gained in a project management function or within a finance function.
- Overseeing the construction budgets and expenditure for SPV companies building new energy generation plants
- Overseeing the operational budgets, income and expenditure for SPV companies operating energy generation plants
- Approving invoices for payment (once approved by the technical teams) and liaising with the technical teams to manage and control any overspend, within or without contingency
- Escalating and communicating overspend or revenue issues to the appropriate teams, boards or committees as necessary, whether for approval or information
- Supporting and overseeing commercial negotiations with subcontractors to resolve issues as they arise
- Specify relevant and useful management and operational information for the accounting teams to generate and work with them to ensure all information is accurate and timely
- Support and drive continual improvement in operational finance and data management systems
- Review and approve management and audited accounts as necessary
- Review and approve budgets for each year
- Work with the technical and project delivery teams and subcontractors to improve and standardise reporting.
Please contact Sally Woods for further information