Allen & York have been retained to source a Commercial Manager for a Water and Wastewater provider for the South of England, this is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation who are focussing on growing a team and securing top talent.
Working on numerous projects, the content of the work is busy, varied and involved supporting across the business, with that focus you will work closely with many teams and have responsibility supporting and deputising for Senior Management, as well as client interaction.
As Commercial Manager you must be able to demonstrate commercial and cost management expertise and work as an advisor communicating with clarity, follow process to provide a quality service and build on the commercial strategy.
Additional tasks include:
Pre-& post contract management, cost appraisals, ensure contractual compliance, dispute resolution, team management, build solid working relationships with contractors and stakeholders.
Skills & attributes:
- Proven Commercial management experience in water, utility or infrastructure industry
- Qualified to Degree level within Quantity Surveying or a similar
- A professional qualification and full membership in Cost Management or Quantity Surveying i.e. MRICS or similar.
- Good knowledge of industry forms of contract (NEC, I Chem E, ICE)
- Proven experience of Cost Management and/or Quantity Surveying for large projects
- Knowledge of contract terms and conditions and commercial models with contract drafting experience.
- Strong IT and data interpretation skills
- Awareness of financial accounting processes and principles.
- Strong influencing skills and negotiating ability
If you have strong commercial acumen, the ability to multitask, enjoy networking and are looking for your next opportunity with a driven organisation, who are investing to create an efficient, talented commercial team, where there is scope and opportunity for individuals who are passionate about their work and career please apply with your CV to Rachel Gladdis at Allen & York.