Allen & York, working alongside a top remediation contractor in the UK, are looking to appoint a Commercial Manager with around 5 to 10 years commercial experience, ideally with a remediation, earthworks or civil engineering contractor. Based from our client's Bristol office, you would work closely with the Commercial Manager based in the North with the management of commercials across the company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of the costs, forecasting, cash flow projections, CVRs of the projects operating from the Bristol office
- Work alongside Operations Manager to help deliver safe and profitable contracts
- Work with accounts to identify credits whilst maintaining supplier relationships
- Setting and maintaining project spend
- The negotiation of contracts and sub-contracts
- Assisting tender process - challenge contract terms, prepare BOQ's, rates for plant/ materials/ disposal etc
Necessary attributes/ experience include:
- Relevant degree or HNC/ HND
- Experienced in NEC, ICE & JCT forms of contract.
- Client facing role experience
- Organised approach; ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Strong communication skills
- Competent IT skills
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and will include the use of a fully expensed company car, along with a non-contributory company pension scheme and other benefits associated with a successful company.