Our client is a renewable energy utility based in Scotland who require a Commercial Manager to oversee their energy infrastructure development team.
The Commercial Manager has a key role in securing the commercial and legal arrangements within their projects and to make sure they are 'fit for purpose' and they meet the standard that is expected for project financing.
The Commercial Manager has a key role in signing up new projects, including all project related agreements like access and grid agreements.
- Ensure 'fit for purpose' legal and commercial agreements in the development stage
- Engage with potential new landowners
- Prepare, together with the nominated project manager, feasibility studies for new projects, including a financial model
- Identify all the required commercial and legal agreement for a project, like Option & Lease, Access, Wayleave, Grid and direct-wire PPA agreements (further referred to as 'the agreements)
- Prepare a strategy for each project, including a budget and timeline, in relation to the agreements that need to be secured
- Lead on the commercial and legal negotiations with respect to the agreements
- Draft, together with legal advisors, the required agreements
- Ensure that all required agreements are identified and entered into
- Translate the requirements under the signed project agreements into the wider business operation, ensure a good handover to the project manager and financial administration in order to make sure that that the requirements under the signed project agreements are adhered to (for example option payments renewal dates)
- Understanding of legal agreements
- Therefore, a wider understanding of the (renewable) energy industry is preferable.
- Understanding of the commercial terms as applicable in the renewable energy industry
- Understanding of the renewable energy wind industry in the UK in general and the development and financing (including due diligence processes) of renewable energy projects in specific
- Computer literate (excel, MS project)
- Capable of leading in negotiations
- Commercial and legal sensitivity
- Cost consciousness and cost control
- Being able to build bridges between internal and external stakeholders;
- stakeholder management and team player
- Flexibility and willingness to travel
We look forward to receiving your application