|Job Title:||Commercial Manager - Water|
|Location:||East London, London|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||13 days ago|
Commercial Manager - Water
Overview of Role:
Manage the delivery of projects providing pre-award, procurement and post award contract administration support, monitoring compliance with contract obligations and driving value and innovation from the supply chain.
- Manage and build collaborative relationships with suppliers, monitoring and reporting their performance and compliance.
- Prepare recommendations for interim payments to suppliers in accordance with contract requirements and produce payment certificates for sign off by the appropriate Project Manager.
- Provide post contract award commercial services for both 'goods' and 'services' up to and including Final Account.
- Maintain financial impact assessments for instructed change.
- Negotiate on financial impacts of Compensation Events with suppliers
- Maintain the project data sets to achieve consistency, accuracy and alignment.
- Assist cost and expenditure planning / benchmarking (including the completion of Data Capture Analysis (DCA) sheets) in accordance with client process.
- Support cost management, trending estimating and forecasting to the project.
- Analyse cost performance data and provide relevant input for monthly performance reports.
- Support management of budget and spend profiles continually identifying ways to improve cost performance.
- Manage the impact of inflation currencies and exchanges into forecasting and aligned with tracking indices.
- Carry out cost impact analysis of proposed changes to scope/schedule.
- Assist Project Managers in the preparation of cost reports and analysis on a Work Breakdown Structure /Activity basis, identifying areas of learning and any recommendations for efficiency improvement.
- Work with the client teams to integrate commercial activities.
- Identify areas of cost risk including mitigation measures and opportunity and keep the Risk Manager informed of contingency drawdown / returns.
- Work with the Procurement Manager to develop robust and optimal Procurement Plan and strategies.
- Work with the contract team to ensure correct and robust contractual terms are built into contracts.
- Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages/contracts utilising NEC3
- MRICS and extensive experience and or CIPS with an in depth experience of maintaining contract compliance and driving value through the supply chain within complex construction projects