|Job Title:||Commissioning Coordinator|
|Contact Name:||Stuart Vivian|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
The Commissioning coordinator will work, support and report to the Commissioning Manager to ensure all activities in relation to the MRF & Wet preparation area of the plant are suitably planned and executed on time throughout the project
The position is site based at Glasgow Recycling & Renewable Energy Centre (GRECC) located at Polmadie Road Glasgow.
A notice period of 1 month would be required for this position.
Nature and Scope
- To liaise with the major subcontractors within the MRF & Wet Prep areas of the plant to ensure adequate commissioning documentation and resources are prepared prior to the commencement of commissioning inline with the commissioning plan.
- To report on progress, concerns and programme issues to the commissioning manager to mitigate loss of time or progress.
- To operate the MRF & Wet Prep processes during the commissioning phases of the project and to meet the requirements of the sub contractor's within those areas who have the responsibility of commissioning their scope of supply.
- To work with the laboratory technicians to provide samples and assist with waste composition tests.
- Assist with creating various operational documents for inclusion in to the operations & maintenance manuals.
- Observe and report on possible design or installation concerns during the M&E installation of the MRF & Wet Prep areas of the plant.
- Create and review various commissioning procedures, plans, training documents and method statements.
- Develop and prepare commissioning check sheets.
- Assist the Compliance Engineer with reviewing and creating documentation required to be submitted to SEPA for the Pollution, Prevention and Control (PPC) permit.
- Work alongside junior engineers, provide support and vet their outputs in regard to commissioning documentation.
- Deliver in line with the commissioning plan.
- Liaise with the M&E planner with progress, delays or modifications to the programme as necessary.
- Develop, review and update commissioning and operation documentation
- Coordinate with the commissioning team to ensure the sequencing of activities and their interfaces are managed.
- Coordinate the clients operations staff allocated to the MRF & Wet Prep areas and manage their day to day activities ensuring the plant is safely operated and available.
- Based in the control room, monitor the MRF and associated processes and ensure the plant is functioning correctly and trouble shoot when and where necessary.
- To manage the snag list for the MRF & Wet Prep areas in a timely manner, to satisfy the clients requirements and those of the Independent Certifier.
- Coordinate with the training officer to ensure client shadowing and training for the MRF & Wet Prep areas is programmed, developed and monitored.
- Maintain a daily diary listing the daily activities and any daily key events that occur.
- Provide progress information to the commissioning manager to present at the weekly commissioning meetings with the client.
- Manage the sub contractors with commissioning responsibilities to ensure programme and quality is maintained.
- Facilitate commissioning meetings with the MRF & Wet Prep area sub contractors on a weekly basis.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience of Materials Recycling Facilities
- Experience of Pulping systems and AD preparation.
- Technical and Commercial Knowledge and Skills.
- Computer literate: conversant with MS Office.
- Good time-management skills.
- Strong people & communication skills, relationship building, influencing and collaborative work style developed through working in complex and team-focused environments.
Duration of employment
Rate: to be negotiated
We look forward to receiving your application.