Commissioning Engineer - Water
Verification that plant equipment is in compliance with project contract and specification requirements, conforms to design operational feasibility, and is set up and tested per the supplier's requirements, within the engineer's discipline capacity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development of start-up packages as required. Tracks and controls all documentation required for proper maintenance of the start-up packages.
- Participates in the preparation and maintenance of a detailed start-up schedule.
- Proactively plans for start-up activities and major milestones (such as major equipment, chemical cleaning, steamblow, or demonstration and performance testing).
- Manages construction completion, turnover to start-up, start-up turnover to operations, and final turnover to the client.
- Assists in the development of clear start-up procedures as required to satisfy the contract and/or coordinate the start-up effort.
- Assists in the advanced planning and preparation for start-up activities and major milestones. * Participates in the development and implementation of programs for the control of; spares, consumables, outstanding work and deficiencies lists, etc.
- Executes the start-up effort ensuring compliance with the associated specifications and contracts and ultimately resulting in an efficient and timely turnover to the client.
- Completes thorough system walk downs/reviews to establish the completion status of systems and identify outstanding items to be completed.
- Responsible lead for plant equipment and systems within discipline capacity. The primary point-of-contact for all system functions through start-up and operation of the plant. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Verifying systems are installed per design * Confirming design operational feasibility
- Recording as built engineering changes on drawings * Ensuring proper setup and testing of equipment as per supplier requirements
- Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
- Individual contributor with no subordinates.
* Project Instructions Manual, contract documents, and start-up guidelines * Division Policies * Supervisory Skills * Communications Skills * Planning Skills * Multi-tasking Skills * Problem Solving Skills * Computer Skills * Knowledge of discipline technical principles related to power plants. * Knowledge of tools, equipment, and instruments used in performance of job duties * Knowledge of internal engineering systems and tools