LEED AP Senior Commissioning Manager Qatar Stadium Project (Consultancy)
- Salary is up to QAR50,000
- American / Canadian candidates ONLY
- Must have significant experience of working on LEED Buildings and should be a LEED AP
- Candidates needs to be approved by Q22 Organising committee and won't be approved unless they have LEED experience
- Responsible for the development of the technical and commercial brand strategy for company commissioning and its day to day operations.
- Management of the complete commissioning program for assigned projects with responsibility for all deliverables, schedules, and budgets.
- Representation with clients as the company's primary client contact for issues related to the assigned projects, and to supervise assigned commissioning engineers.
- Development of highly competent team of commissioning engineers: recruitment of suitable staff and mentoring them as part of the ongoing development of the commissioning team.
- Project types generally can range from residential and commercial to sports, institutional and infrastructure.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- To apply the company commissioning approach and philosophy to on-going projects.
- To manage strategy of LEED, Estidama, GSAS Commissioning assignments so as to be both cost effective and compliant to the certification requirements. -Minimum requirements for LEED projects require a Commissioning Authority to have commissioning process experience on at least two building projects with a similar scope of work extending from early design phase through at least 10 months of occupancy.
- To understand and apply the project contract to the execution of the work
- To be cognizant of business opportunities with current clients both in terms of new work and current contract changes in scope
- To utilize the master commissioning document library for creation of project specific Commissioning Plans, Method Statements, and Reports
- To perform quality control checks on Document Review, Site Inspection, and Test Reports generated by the Commissioning Engineers
- To verify that abnormal conditions identified by the Commissioning Engineers are being resolved correctly and in a timely manner
- To assist Commissioning Engineers in the study and resolution of abnormal system conditions when necessary
- To author a project Commissioning Schedule and to verify its incorporation into the Project Schedule
- To manage assigned staff and miscellaneous resources, and to execute projects within established budgets
- To perform all other activities as required of a Senior Commissioning Manager
- Ability to work safely on active construction sites and to follow health and safety policies. Inspections will require work off of ladders and work near operating mechanical equipment and energized electrical equipment.
- To be competent in the use of all commissioning test equipment utilized in your area of expertise with guidance
- Good working knowledge of MS Office software including Excel, Word, and Project
- Excellent people skills
Desired Educational Degree
- Bachelor's Degree (4 year)
- Desired Educational Major
- Mechanical Engineering or
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering or
- Construction Project Management
Professional Memberships or Affiliations
Membership in professional commissioning organization preferred (Building Commissioning Association, Commissioning Specialist Association, etc.)
Excellent verbal and written English communications skills required
Arabic verbal and written skills beneficial
Commissioning provider certification preferred (CCP, CPMP, CSA Grade 2, etc.)
Sustainability program certification preferred (Estidama, LEED, BREEAM, GSAS, Green Star, etc.)
- 10 years commissioning experience in area of expertise
- 3 years commissioning project management experience, including deliverables, budget, schedule and resolution of technical issues
- International and GCC work experience preferred
We look forward to receiving your application
ALLEN & YORK is a leading sustainability recruitment consultancy across the Middle East.