Commissioning Manager - Water
Purpose of role:
To be a key member the Joint Venture for Water Commissioning Team responsible for supporting Water's Design & Build division in their delivery of the company's business strategy to develop and aggressively grow the project commissioning team. To utilise commissioning experiences in assisting in the development of the JV's commissioning capabilities, work processes and instructions, skilled resources and Commissioning execution plans that successfully win and deliver projects, all based on the high standards inherent in the JV's organisation.
The role will be focused on JV's Design & Build operations across the south of England, with the London area being an initial hub and is to provide management of all Design & Build project's commissioning and start up activities in accordance with the Project's schedule and within the established commissioning and start up budget. The role will have authority to allocate resources and make start up, commissioning and testing decisions in accordance with the JV's Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
- To provide commissioning training to the JV'sprofessionals to raise awareness and foster participation.
- To provide direction and guidance to commissioning personnel; including the mentoring of Field Commissioning Representative(s) assigned to a Project, when applicable.
- To provide subject matter expertise regarding the overall project commissioning processes.
- To oversees assigned commissioning and start-up activities for a proposal / project and may be responsible for self-executing any related commissioning transactions.
- To participate and support Commissioning Department initiatives.
- To support required duties within the Commissioning Department with minimal to no supervision.
- To assist / support and provide input to the commissioning team into policy and procedure reviews and the development of commissioning and Start-up processes.
- To prepare contract documents for bidding, evaluation by project team, negotiations, award and post-award activities for field commissioning and start-up.
- To understand and execute all relevant Corporate, Project Home Office and Field Commissioning and Start-up procedures and policies.
- To manage, lead and execute commissioning and start-up processes.
- To managing all projects commissioning activities in accordance with the contract, schedule and budget for a single complex project.
- To develop; produce; implement and keep up to date the project's commissioning plan, including site-specific commissioning schedules, test procedures, method statements and risk assessments.
- To collaborate and present the JV's commissioning plan to key clients and to liaison to client's engineering and operational staff to ensure the smooth transition from commissioning to project hand-over, including progress reporting and client training.
- To ensure all required vendor commissioning documentation is requested as part of the contract and is received in a timely manner.
- To assist the project team in their production of 'as-built' documentation and the Health & Safety File.
- To develop and manage a project's commissioning and start-up budget.
A working knowledge of Water; Waste Water, Energy clients in the UK.
- A strong understanding of commissioning processes and exhibits the capacity to effectively self-execute the commissioning process in accordance with established Company policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Exhibits appropriate skills at resolving complex commissioning issues through collaboration.
- Understanding of Project Process Management and Procedures
- General computer skills, Microsoft suite
- Attention to detail
- Ability to independently resolve complex problems in a timely manner, with little guidance from Management.
- Prioritises workflow
- Strong analytical / organisational skills
- Knowledge and experience of Project controls.
- Risk & Opportunity Management experience.
- Administrative policies and procedures.
- Conflict management skills.
- Highly developed time management skills; prioritising, organising, scheduling work.
- Excellent communications skills at all levels, oral; written and presentation.
- Problem solving skills (identify, analyse, research, evaluate, resolve).
- A working knowledge of technical principles related to power plants.
- Knowledge and understanding of CAB&V's internal Engineering systems and tools.
- 10 years of relevant experience in Commissioning or proven ability to perform at the capacity identified herein.
A Master / Bachelor degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a Technical or related field.
* Relevant experience can substitute for a degree.
Full, UK Driving Licence
NEEBOSH Construction or CITB SMSTS
Chartered Membership to a professional body, ideally related to Commissioning and Start-up..