Who is a commissioning manager for our client?
The commissioning manager plays a vital role in bringing all concerned parties to the table and ensures that the various systems are co-coordinated, ready for start-up and commissioning.
Often in many buildings there can be some twenty different trades all focusing at their own objective, to finish their system. The commissioning manager will schedule the trades so that upon start-up all interconnections, integration or interfaces with other trades are considered and incorporated within the start-up process.
The commissioning manager will schedule independent witnessing, testing and verification of each system installed.
By producing detailed and accurate testing procedures for each system, systematic tests can be carried out in accordance with approved method statements.
The commissioning manager is now playing a greater role, than ever before. The commissioning manager can be appointed at the design stage, to review commission-ability of each system, value engineering and how maintainable the actual design solution will be.
The actions of commissioning management starts at the design phase where the commissioning manager would provide independent service, ensuring that:
- The project is on time and within budget
- The design is accurate and meets the owner needs
- The design provides longevity and flexibility
- The design provides overall efficient and energy conscious solution
- The systems and sub-systems will perform properly
- The drawings are of good quality with sufficient information for execution
- The systems can be commissioned and maintained efficiently
- The systems are commissioned to the highest standards
- The operator are properly trained
- The maintenance manuals are accurate and executable
- Sufficient support is provided during defects and warranty period
Skills, experience and qualifications:
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ years as a multi-disciplined engineer
- Should be able to brief the team and report back to office and project manager, this is an onsite based role
- Fire and Safety commissioning experience
- Preferred LEED / Estidama qualified
For more information, please contact Kristina Khusseyn at KKhusseyn@allen-york.com
This is just one of many jobs that ALLEN & YORK are currently recruiting across the Middle East & North Africa (MENA) region. ALLEN & YORK are the specialist recruiters for the Middle East sustainability sector and actively recruit in the UAE (predominantly Dubai & Abu Dhabi), Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt and Morocco. Our international network of clients & candidates mean we have a demonstrable track record in recruiting high calibre professional staff across the world - get in touch to learn more.