|Job Title:||Community Relations Manager|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our Client is one of the most well known renewable energy companies in the UK.
This is an external facing role, and you will be responsible for fostering and maintaining positive relationships with key stakeholders, media and members of the public for wind farm projects in development, construction and operational phases.
Based in Glasgow, you will be required to travel throughout Scotland on a regular basis.
- Devising and implementing effective community engagement plans in line with legislations and best practice guidance to deliver local planning consents.
- Organising and facilitating community interaction events such as liaison groups, public exhibitions and other consultation events.
- Engaging with local residents, stakeholder groups and elected representatives including responding to written and telephone enquiries.
- Producing supporting communications materials, including newsletters, project-specific websites, exhibition materials, and other publicity.
- Maintaining contact logs for projects, including emails, telephone calls, letters and meetings.
- Delivering proactive media campaigns for projects using a diverse range of tools including social media.
- Ensuring appropriate and accurate media responses on project-related issues and acting as a media spokesperson;
- Developing and implementing community benefit strategies (including Community Benefit Funds and
- pioneering Local Electricity Discount Scheme) and identifying opportunities for maximising economic and ancillary benefits locally;
- Knowledge of planning policy requirements in relation to local consultation.
- PC literate with experience of Microsoft Office.
- An understanding of the renewable energy industry in the UK and Ireland
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Persuasive negotiation skills and the ability to engage people on all levels
- Excellent organisational skills with a high level of accuracy and a keen eye for detail.
- Flexible - adaptable to changing situations and priorities
- Highly motivated self-starter and team player
- Proactive, enthusiastic & willing to learn
- Successfully dealing with planning authorities, project stakeholders, the media and the public
- Experience in the production of online and printed content.
- Experience of renewables or conventional power generation.
- Experience of development and implementation of strategic media and community engagement plans.
- Educated to degree level in a field that supports community relations for example: media, public relations, education, arts or social science or equivalent
Please do contact Sally Woods for further information