|Job Title:||Condition Monitoring Engineer - Wind Energy|
|Location:||East of England,|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Wolsey|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our client is currently recruiting for a Condition Monitoring Engineer to work in a dynamic, growing team supporting their renewable energy engineering business. Their renewable energy business unit currently provides condition monitoring services to a large portfolio of wind farms in Europe, North America and Canada.
The Condition Monitoring Engineer will utilise the company in-house software to deliver monitoring and analysis support to wind farm operators. Drivetrain faults such as gear or bearing failures are diagnosed early using a variety of methods including vibration signal processing and SCADA analysis. The monitoring team works closely with field service engineers who inspect wind turbines and provide engineering solutions to problems that they detect through condition monitoring. The monitoring team also works alongside software developers who continue to expand and improve the Fleet Monitor software. Developing new advanced methods and improving our processes is a core part of this role.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in condition monitoring, signal processing or engineering analysis for rotating machinery. Programming skills such as Matlab or Python will be highly beneficial as new analysis methods are often developed and trialled during project delivery before being implemented in software.
Our client is a global business and the Condition Monitoring Engineer may be required to travel occasionally for short periods, although this is not essential. They also offer the opportunity for secondments to overseas offices when appropriate.
- Delivering condition monitoring analysis including vibration and SCADA analysis
- Preparing reports for customers
- Presenting key findings to clients
- Working with internal teams to interpret faults and make recommendations to the wind farm operator
- Working with software developers to propose and test improvements to the Fleet Monitor software
- Contributing to internal team meetings (technical and commercial)
- Providing technical support to the sales team
- Experience in engineering analysis such as signal processing or analysis of rotating machinery
- A degree or higher degree in engineering, physics, mathematics or similar discipline
- A strong team-working ethic
- A dynamic attitude, always trying to improve
- Programming skills such as Matlab, C, C++ or Python
The following experience would be beneficial but not essential:
- Experience in condition monitoring
- Understanding of wind turbine technology
- Understanding of gears and bearings
- Understanding of mechanical equipment failure modes