|Job Title:||Consents Assistant|
|Salary:||£22000.00 - £28000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
London - Up to £28,000 per annum
We are pleased to be working with an exceptional organisation who specialise in consulting on large infrastructure developments within the Transport, Energy, and Property sectors.
The role of Consents Assistant
Due to continued success and growth, and the winning of major new infrastructure projects, they require an Consents Assistant to join their London based team.
You will help provide planning advice as well other consents as necessary to deliver a project and to help coordinate the various consents required to meet the planning and other requirements on major infrastructure projects across the UK.
This permanent position would be suitable for an Assistant Planner or Planning Consultant with a keen interest in joining an expanding multi-disciplinary practice.
Responsibilities of the Consents Assistant will include:
- Assisting senior colleagues with a wide range of planning and other applications, appraisals, reports and statements. This will extend to managing your own smaller projects and elements of larger projects with supervision and support from colleagues.
- Assisting senior colleagues deliver projects on time and within budget
- Assistance in the coordination of all consents and environment matters required by a project
- Monitoring of all relevant works undertaken by a project to ensure that they are undertaken in compliance with all relevant consents and environment requirements; and that necessary consents are obtained in line with the programme
- Research and analysis of relevant policy (National, Regional and Local) and the subsequent delivery of relevant planning statements, design and access statements, appraisals and policy reviews as necessary
- Assistance in producing and monitoring submission of consent applications and ensuring their timely delivery
- Assistance in the production of other consents, as and when they are needed in support of the development needs of each project
- Helping to coordinate contractors/designers input in relation to consents and environment
- Attendance at consultation events, meeting with planning officers, councillors and other professionals
- Assistance at Consents & Environment progress meetings
- Support in the production of legal agreements
Requirements to be considered for the role of Consents Assistant
- Holder of a RTPI-accredited degree in a Town Planning related subject
- measurable knowledge of current planning legislation and planning policy
- Up to 3 years recent professional experience
- Experience of drafting and/or submitting planning applications and planning statements
- Excellent standards of communication, both written and spoken
- Developed interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Ability to consider wider consenting matters e.g. knowledge of highway or EA consents
- Ability to manage deliverables in accordance with project programme
- Skill in managing Stakeholder expectations
- Commercial awareness and demonstrable negotiation skills;
- Licentiate Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute who is actively pursuing MRTPI status
- Experience of one or more of the technical disciplines: traffic and highways, environment, town planning or property
Interested in the role of Consents Assistant? Get in touch;
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to discuss the role of Town Planning Consultant in more detail. I am available at any time to have an informal and very confidential chat:
Sarah Kerr - Planning & Built Environment Team Leader
01202 888 986; 07714 775 700
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your