|Job Title:||Consents Manager|
|Salary:||£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Kerr|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
London Up to £45K per annum
We are pleased to be working with an exceptional organisation who specialise in consulting on large infrastructure developments within the Transport, Energy, and Property sectors.
The role of Consents Manager
Due to continued success and growth, and the winning of major new infrastructure projects, they require a Consents Manager to join their London based team.
You will provide both technical guidance and assurance, with responsibility to coordinate the various consent deliverables required to meet the town planning and environment requirements on major infrastructure projects across the UK. You will identify and Coordinate all of the consents and environmental matters required by the projects. You will also manage all external suppliers to deliver specific consent & environment deliverables.
Responsibilities of the Consents Manager include:
- Producing and monitoring submission of consent applications and ensuring their timely delivery;
- Ensuring visibility of consents and environment within a project and filtering technical queries to the functional teams;
- Ensuring that the all works undertaken by a project are undertaken in compliance with the all relevant legal commitments, consents and environment requirements; and that necessary consents are obtained in line with the programme
- Reviewing consents and environment requirements for a project and reviewing individual deliverables by relevant specialist;
- Providing consents and environment advice in tender submissions and evaluation;
- Coordination of contractors/designers in relation to consents and environment;
- Working with programme planners and project managers to ensure consents and environment timelines are embedded within the programme;
- Representing the consents and environment team in project team meetings;
- Chairing Consents & Environment progress meetings;
- Providing updates and a look ahead to the functional specialists, as appropriate;
- Delivering consents and environment awareness training with project teams;
- Embedding commitment compliance within remits and monitor and report compliance. Facilitate commitments compliance meetings with contractors to ensure all relevant commitments are appropriately discharged by the project;
- Ensure all property requirements are identified and acquired in the required timescales;
- Support Planning applications and Environmental Impact Assessments;
- Co-ordinate and manage all required traffic & highway, town planning and environment consents
Requirements to be considered for the role of Consents Manager
- Educated to degree level;
- Member of a relevant institute or organisation (APM, IEMA, RITP, RICS etc.);
- Proven knowledge of the Hybrid Bills, Transport & Works Act or Development Control Orders with significant experience in a relevant position;
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of the railway and or construction industry.
- Experience of one or more of the technical disciplines: traffic and highways, environment, town planning or property is desirable
- Sound understanding of relevant legislation.
Interested in the role of Consents Manager? Get in touch;
Please get in touch with me as soon as possible to discuss the role of Consents manager in more detail. I am available at any time to have an informal and very confidential chat:
Sarah Kerr - Planning & Built Environment Team Leader
01202 888 986; 07714 775 700
We recruit across all Town Planning, Surveying, Architecture and Design markets throughout the UK and Ireland. If this opportunity does not tick every box, I am confident our team is working on something that does - give us a call today to discuss all of your