|Job Title:||Construction Engineer|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + company car, 5% bonus and 5% pension|
|Contact Name:||Luke Sanders|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Construction Engineer Power Distribution
Our client is a leading ICP in the power industry. They are recruiting for a Construction Engineer to manage and undertake all tasks relating to assigned projects to ensure their successful delivery.
- Undertake and fulfil all duties that required to successfully deliver assigned projects throughout the Project Life Cycle from Customer Order receipt, planning, construction and build stages of the project, through to final adoption of the assets.
- Ensuring compliance to safe working practices and procedures and that is completed to the required specifications and enforcing corrective actions where required.
- Close co-ordination of all activities with the Customer and other third parties, such as Local Authorities.
- Delivery of the projects within project budget estimates including time and cost.
- Negotiation with customer representatives to ensure that our client is commercially rewarded for all such work identified.
- Management of Direct Teams, Contractors and Supervisors and liaison with the Regional Management Team in the execution of the work, including other CE's, SCE's, Commissioning teams and Regional Manager.
- Effective planning and utilization of staff to meet overall company objectives.
- Motivate staff and contractors to deliver high quality work in a consistent manner.
- Reporting to SCE or Regional Manager in the execution of the projects.
- Reviewing of Risk Assessments and preparation of Method Statements for tasks to be carried out, ensuring compliance at all times with the company's duties under CDM regulations and Safety Rules.
- Ensure compliance with company duties under CDM regulations and customer safety rules.
- Ensure adherence to Safety Rules, instructions and standing orders of the client and customers.
- Ensure that all staff are able to identify and avoid hazards.
- Complete, record and review risk assessments.
- Undertake site inspections and safety audits
- Work closely with SCE's and Resource Managers to develop project programs to fully meet customers.
- Ensuring high quality, work instructions, method statements and provision of adequate records enables timely delivery of projects.
- Work closely with technical and design staff to keep them continually and fully appraised of project status.
- Liaise with colleagues across the business to ensure effective completion of tasks.
- Ensures delivery of Quality processes and procedures.
- Ensure that all work is completed to high standards and working practices and processes are followed.
- Identify and recommend improved ways of doing things.
- Full UK Driving License
- NRSWA Supervisor
- Prince 2 Project Management (or equivalent)
- Minimum GCSE grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent
- Minimum ONC/BTEC Level 3 in an electrical technical discipline
- ENC Operationally Authorized and Competent