Our client is a world leading developer of Renewable Energy projects. They are looking to hire a Construction Site Manager on an 18 month contract who will lead the site management team and shall be responsible for the safe delivery of the infrastructure works, on and off site, associated with the projects. The role requires a sound background in the supervision of multidisciplinary works, preferably in the renewables sector and with intimate knowledge of good industry practises. The role provides management and leadership in order to ensure the professional, safe, quality & environmentally controlled, on time, on budget delivery of the construction phase of a project.
The Construction Site Manager is responsible to the Project / Construction Manager for the management and supervision of all onsite activity by and contractors to ensure compliance with the requirements set out in contracts, management systems and all other project obligations as well as being responsible for the onsite control and coordination of all parties on site and for ensuring their adherence to the applicable procedures and method statements. The Construction Site Manager liaises with the Project Team and is supported by the Head of Construction, but has ultimate responsibility for the performance of the works on site and shall clearly define, delegate and record the roles and responsibilities of their team of Assistant Construction Site Manager support them in the achievement of all responsibilities.
Health and safety is at the core of values and we are committed to promoting safe behaviours across all of our business activities. This role requires full buy in to these principles and a commitment to positively promote our behavioural health and safety programme to ensure that every employee, contractor or subcontractor Goes Home Safely.
- Continuously strive to adopt and develop lean processes that deliver project objectives and reduce waste within the project delivery teams and wider organisation.
- Add value and reduce costs (DEVEX, CAPEX and OPEX) for projects ensuring project viability on a subsidy free basis post RO availability through efficient working, careful scoping, procurement and innovative engineering and design solutions.
- Leadership and coordination of staff and contractors at site and representation of the construction site in liaison with various stakeholders including clients, landowners, regulatory bodies, community liaison groups and utilities.
- Support to Project / Construction Manager in their preparation and negotiation of construction contract documentation and interaction with procurement team for the delivery of the agreed procurement strategy for all projects. This includes the administration of requisitions, purchase orders and contracts during construction.
- Production and maintenance of all HSQE plans associated with the construction phase of the project, and active promotion (through personal behaviour) and demonstrable achievement of company safety leadership and sustainability objectives.
- Ensuring that First Aid facilities are available at site;
- COSHH control;
- Ensuring that the works are performed by competent persons using correct equipment;
- Ensuring that as-built information is collected and promptly compiled into the Safety File.
- Quality records are correctly collated and maintained;
- Liaison with designer to ensure that works at site are implemented to the Designer's satisfaction, including notification of any design modifications or non-compliance;
- Ensuring that technical enquiries are processed in accordance with the relevant procedure;
- Minimising defects in the works and ensuring that any minor outstanding works notified on substantial completion of the construction works are completed promptly.
- Responsible for the environmental performance of the site works through management and supervision in accordance with the management system, including:
- Support to Project / Construction Manager on commercial matters related to the construction of the project in accordance with the contracts and management systems,
- Monitoring and reporting on progress at site by means of the maintenance of the construction programme, the preparation of weekly progress (site and procurement) reports to the Project Team, and monthly valuations.
- Ensuring receipt on site of copies of necessary evidence of Contractors' Insurances, Tax Exemption Certificates and reviewing them for adequacy and period of validity.
- Site management and administration of the various Contracts including chairing regular site progress meetings, issuing instructions to Contractors and Suppliers and evaluating
- Contractors' claims for payment.
- Supporting the Project / Construction Manager in the negotiation and agreement of any contract measurements, variations or claims.
- Previous experience of Construction Site Management or supervision of multi-discipline infrastructure projects in UK and Ireland.
- Knowledge of construction plant, processes, materials and trades relevant to the design, build, testing and commissioning of civil, electrical and mechanical (wind turbine) engineering infrastructure associated with wind farm projects in UK & Ireland, and the associated regulations and legislation.
- A relevant trade, vocational or academic qualification in a civil engineering / electrical construction related discipline and the required experience or equivalent practical experience of Construction Site Management or Supervision.
For further information please contact Ashley Smith on +44 (0) 1202 888986
We look forward to receiving your application.