Home Based - South England/ Midlands
Allen & York are currently working with a growing consultancy that is looking to expand their team with an experienced Ecologist. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join a forward thinking organisation.
The Ecologist role will involve carrying out and coordinating a wide range of habitat and species surveys. You will need to demonstrate a good knowledge of British flora and fauna, be able to liaise with clients, able to develop existing relationships and win new business and you will also be required to write reports and work well alongside variety of people.
Proven experience in the preparation, co-ordination and management of a number of ecological based projects, demonstrating knowledge of legislation, best practice guidance and the UK planning system will be essential as is holding at least one protected species license (preferably bat or great crested newt) and being a specialist in a particular ecological field.
This company pride themselves on encouraging employees to develop both personally and professionally and this opportunity will allow you to become part of a country wide enthusiastic, friendly and professional team.
The main responsibilities of the Ecologist role
- Co-ordinate and undertake Phase 1 habitat and protected species surveys
- Design and implement mitigation strategies
- Project Management
- Production of tenders and reports
- Project management, report writing and delivery
Experience, skills and about you
- At least 3 years previous experience in ecological consultancy is essential
- Ecological survey experience
- Experience in project management
- Relevant degree in ecology or related field
- Bat or Great Crested Newt license essential
- Full UK driving license
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good team player, with the ability to work independently (From Home)
- Enthusiasm, energy and drive to develop skills and deliver projects to the highest standard
- Technical report writing experience
- You will need to live in Southern England or the Midlands and be prepared to travel country wide.
As this role requires travel you will be motivated to work away from home for prolonged periods of time.
Salary and Benefits Package
£29,000+ and Company Car + an attractive benefits package.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For more information please contact Amy James 01202 888 986