Consultant Ecologist- Kent
My client is an independent multidisciplinary based in Kent. They are looking for a consultant ecologist with 2 or more years experience of commercial ecology.
My client undertakes a range of contracts from large developments to smaller single unit projects. They have a focus on professional development and training and as a successful candidate this would be a great opportunity to advance your career.
This role offers a competitive salary as well as benefits like generous holiday entitlements, gym membership and private health care. Flexible woirking arrangements will be considered for the right candidate.
The main responsibilities will include:
* Leading on great crested newt, reptile, bat and other protected species survey work
* Designing ecology mitigation strategies
* Producing survey and mitigation reports to support planning applications
* Project management and delivery
* Client contact and cultivation
* Undertaking Risk assessments and Health and Safety inspections for survey work
* Attending client and design team meetings when required
* Adhering to our office checking procedures through the company QA process.
* A bat and/or great crested newt and/or dormouse worker with experience in surveying for other protected species groups
* A degree in ecology (or closely related field) or someone with excellent field experience and skills
* Previous experience of working in an ecological consultancy (a minimum of 2 years) or of working in another ecology related professional environment
* Graduate, Qualifying or Associate member of CIEEM
* Full driving licence and access to a car for business use
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience of report writing and client liaison
* Proficient in MS Office and willingness to learn other IT packages
* A good team player with the ability to work independently
* An enthusiastic, motivated and aspirational person who wants to contribute to a dynamic ecology team
* Experience of project management
* Licensed to work with protected species, and ideally with great crested newts and/or bats and/or dormice
* Masters or PhD in ecology-related subject
* Experience of applying wildlife related legislation and policy in ecological consultancy
Please call Paul Carter on 01202 888 986 ext 209 for more information.