There is an exciting opportunity for a senior ecologist to join a specialist Ecological and Arboricultural consultancy in South East England. Founded just under 10 years ago they have experienced sustainable growth and pride themselves on their pragmatic, solution based approach to consultancy.
They work on project of all levels; from multinational organisations to one off small projects. The consultancy values team work, transparency and honesty as highly as their professional skills.
There will be a unique opportunity to develop in this role due to the diverse schedule of work. Full training and support will be given to allow you to grow rounded skill sets and develop existing talent. This ethos has created a highly motivated team which deliver bespoke ecological solutions to clients.
- Company pension
- 28 days annual leave
- Career development plan
- Training budget
- Flexible working conditions
- Use of company vehicles
- Mobile phone / Laptop
- One to two years undertaking Extended Phase 1 habitat surveys within a consultancy environment
- Able to prepare Environmental Impact Assessments
- Experience of preparing mitigation strategies for protected species
- Experience of preparing European protected species mitigation licence applications
- Able to identify baseline Ecological constraints during site visits
- Have significant experience of standard survey protocols
- Confident planning your own portfolio of work
- Familiar with relevant Wildlife Legislation Policy and Guidance
- Understand standard mitigation practices associated with reptiles, GCN, badgers, bats & Dormice
- Client Facing with excellent communication skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Full UK driving licence
- Protected species licence(s)
- Management / leadership experience
Please contact Amy James at ALLEN & YORK for more information and other Senior roles across the SE and UK.
We look forward to receiving your application.