Based in Guildford, you will play an integral part in growing the ecology business and supporting the existing ecology team with project delivery. You will carry out a wide range of field surveys over the busy survey season, alongside office-based work such as day-to-day data analysis and project management, input to fee proposals and attendance at team meetings. Typical survey and mitigation projects you will be regularly involved with include bats, reptiles, great crested newts, badgers and birds.
The majority of our projects are based in the south-east, particularly in Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Kent and Greater London.
We are looking for enthusiastic, driven and eager Ecologist wanting to develop their career within the ecology consultancy sector. You will be supported by a large team of expert ecologists who will provide training and guidance to help you achieve your career aspirations.
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
- A degree in a relevant discipline
- At least 2 years' experience working in ecological consultancy
- Proven experience of Phase 1 habitat surveys and protected species surveys
- Good report writing skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of current EU and UK legislation and planning policy
- IT proficient - able to use Microsoft Office package
- Good communication skills with colleagues, clients and third parties
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Hold a protected species licence (great crested newt, bats, dormouse)
- Experience in writing fee proposals / tendering for work
- Experience in project managing small scale projects including liaising with design teams and clients
- GIS skills (ArcGIS/MapInfo software)
- Member of CIEEM (or eligible)
- Hold a full UK-valid driving licence
- Be prepared to work away from home for short periods of time if necessary