Junior Landscape Planner
Location: Glasgow / Edinburgh
My client are seeking to recruit a Consultant Landscape Architect/Landscape Planner to work on a diverse portfolio of projects including:
- Landscape character assessment
- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA)
- Seascape, Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA)
- Landscape planning research
- Landscape sensitivity studies
- Landscape design and mitigation
- Green infrastructure projects
- Planning for future landscapes and responding to climate change.
Some of their current projects include:
- Landscape and visual impact assessments of electricity grid infrastructure in National Parks, AONBs and National Scenic Areas
- Assessment and design inputs to a major eco-tourism development in the Highlands
- Routeing studies for electricity infrastructure projects across Scotland
- Studies of landscape sensitivity to housing development, solar panels and wind turbines
- LVIA as part of Environmental Impact Assessment for a range of development types
- Assessment and design for sections of HS2
You will be part of a friendly, award winning multi-disciplinary team of landscape architects / managers, urban designers, planners and ecologists, committed to delivering high quality professional work with a strong emphasis on delivering sustainable and innovative solutions.
Their work includes all stages of project development, from tendering through to completion and implementation. You will be expected to participate in all aspects of the work carried out, including assisting with generation of new business, through to project support and administration.
The post will be based in Glasgow and/or Edinburgh, with extensive opportunity to undertake landscape fieldwork across Scotland, the UK and further afield.
My client are keen to provide practical and financial support to candidates undertaking, or wishing to undertake, the Landscape Institute Pathway to Chartership
They are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements for this role, including part time working (minimum 30 hours per week) core hours and a degree of location flexibility
They are seeking a creative Landscape Architect or Landscape Planner - either recently graduated, or with a limited amount of relevant work experience, including the preparation of LVIAs.
Candidates will typically have a relevant Bachelors or Master's degree in Landscape Architecture. However, as well as candidates with accredited landscape qualifications, we will also consider candidates with planning, geography or similar related qualifications. You should be CMLI or have an aspiration to work towards Chartered status.
Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential. The successful candidate will be able to plan and structure reports well and convey information in a clear and concise manner. A good graphical hand and an awareness of landscape design skills will be an advantage, but is not essential.
An organised and efficient approach to completing work within tight deadlines is important, as is the ability to build effective relationships with colleagues and clients.
A knowledge of / or interest in learning relevant software packages including ArcGIS, ReSoft Windfarm, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign etc.), SketchUp is expected.
A full clean diving licence and willingness to undertake fieldwork is essential.
If you are interested in this role then please contact Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202.