Consultant / Senior Consultants
We are currently looking to recruit two Consultants to work within growing Consultancy Practice. The Practice works across the Energy, Smart, Environment, Water and Telecoms sectors providing strategy advisory services to existing and new clients. The Practice also provides Information Security and complex risk management solutions to the company clients and also leads on the development of new business models in new sectors (IoT, Smart Homes and Data Protection).
The roles involve providing insight and expertise into short term consultancy assignments and projects, supporting business development, developing white papers and thought leadership to support Company's business strategy. The successful candidates will be expected to network, build and manage client and stakeholder relationships. Candidates wishing to apply must have a strong core set of consulting skills and expertise and ideally some experience in project management. In addition, the successful candidates will be commercially aware, proactive and responsive
The successful candidate will demonstrate core experience of a broad range of consultancy skills which they can apply in a transferable manner as consultancy assignments demand and vary. Specific skills and experience include:
- Leading and providing support to the delivery of short-term consultancy and project assignments, providing expertise and knowledge;
- Providing insight and expertise into consultation responses and thought leadership through analysing and interpreting information;
- Supporting company's Business Development activities e.g. through identifying opportunities and compiling tender responses;
- Networking and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders in the utilities industry to strengthen company's position as knowledge expert;
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with current and potential client contacts; and
- Operating and delivering within budget and timescales parameter.
Experience and Knowledge
- Strong and demonstrable knowledge in the Energy and Smart Metering sectors would be an advantage, particularly in relation to market structures and arrangements;
- Previous consulting experience with a demonstrable track record in project delivery;
- Project management experience, particularly in a consultancy capacity;
- Experience of managing workload and multiple priorities to meet deadlines;
- Experience and understanding of the basic accounting models appropriate to projects and forecasting;
- Experience in building and managing client and stakeholder relationships, including key internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience of networking with relevant stakeholders and potential clients; and
- Thought leadership experience within a consultancy environment
Skills and Qualities
- Outstanding organisational and planning skills and attention to detail in high-pressure and tight deadline driven environments;
- Excellent, relevant and timely written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent relationship management skills:
- Ability to anticipate and address problems at an early stage;
- Ability to "think" and "consult" on their feet;
- Commercial awareness; business opportunities, identifying and managing risks to project delivery, effectively conveying and promoting the Company's message;
- Flexibility and adaptability to regularly react to changing demands and needs of the industry and reprioritise work.
Upon employment, employees should also have a sound awareness of the Company's Information, Quality, Environmental and Energy Management Systems.
The company realises its success depends on its people and they work hard to recruit and retain the right people.
The company pride itself on their social, inclusive, open and supportive culture. Their values (insight, collaboration, and impact) are seen every day in how they collaborate and work with each other and their clients.
The people are integral in supporting the delivery of company successfully established, new or challenging projects and assignments. In return for their hard work and dedication, they will be rewarded with the opportunity to establish an accelerated career, ongoing development opportunities, work life balance, and a wide range of benefits.
The company is a specialist market design, governance and assurance services provider. They work at the heart of the UK's energy, environment, water and information security sectors. Their aim is to help shape the future of these complex markets for everyone's benefit and provide evidence based, impartial advice to their clients. They deliver high quality end to end services, from policy development and initial governance frameworks, through to solution design, build and maintenance, as well as accreditation and assurance schemes. As a company, they are also investing in new and emerging areas where their expertise and experience converges (Smart Homes, IoT and Data Protection).
Company's impressive client list includes many high-profile names and ranges from government bodies/regulators to global, blue-chip corporations.
The company encourages applicants who wish to explore flexibility in working hours and location. If you would like to explore this further, then please state any potential preferences at the end of the cover letter.