Consultant / Senior Ecologist - Sussex, London or Basingstoke
My client is looking to appoint a Consultant / Senior Ecologist to be based at our East Grinstead office. There is also scope for a Senior Grade Ecologist to be based out of our London or Basingstoke offices.
Undertaking ecological survey and reporting; providing ecological advice; assisting in the day to day management of team activities.
The role demands a balanced approach towards ecological risk management, benefitting both the needs of the client and nature conservation interests.
The post requires excellent report writing skills and a responsibility to assist with the effective management of a variable portfolio of work and inputs from sub-consultants and other members of the wider project team.
The successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Take ownership and responsibility for personal performance and personal development
- Be organised and methodical in approach to work
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Be a team player
- Support the Principal in the delivery of high quality ecological advice, this will be augmented by an evident sense of commercial awareness and client care.
The individual will be ambitious to progress their career, with the potential for promoting continuous improvement in the levels of service provided to Clients, to heighten the profile of the Company's ecological capabilities in the marketplace. They will have a desire to take responsibility for the development and management of key client relationships and move forward the business to achieve increased profitability, turnover and winning work.
- Honours degree in ecology or biology or other relevant discipline or equivalent
- Full membership of the Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
- An understanding of ecological risk management
- Commercial awareness and an understanding of the of bidding and job winning process
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Proven experience in managing and undertaking habitat surveys and protected species surveys, with excellent identification and botanical skills
- Hold, or be working toward, protected species licences and have experience in preparing licence applications
- Experience in the design, specification and site implementation of ecological mitigation
- A minimum of three years' experience in the provision of ecological advice in the consultancy sector
- Sound knowledge and understanding of ecological legislation and current best practice / policy
- Good presentation and training skills
- Excellent report writing and review skills
- Knowledge of habitat creation and management techniques
- An understanding of expert witness work
- An understanding of relevant volumes of the Highways Agency Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
- Chartered Environmentalist status
To find out more, call Josh Blanchard on 01202 888986 today!