- Attend pre snag meetings with Contract Manager and undertake smart sheet list to ensure snags are resolved prior to Practical Completion.
- Attend Practical Completion and Hand over meetings with Contract Manager and customer and agree snags. Compile list on smart sheet and issue to customer with defined and realistic timescales.
- Undertake as many snags at Practical Completion/hand over as possible.
- Obtain/arrange/deliver equipment/fabrication to resolve snags in the agreed timescales communicated with the customer.
- Obtain competitive prices for bespoke equipment requested at practical completion or handover.
- You are encouraged to obtain opportunities to generate more sales and increase margins whenever practical on a project.
- Effectively communicate to the Contract Manager and customer when snags are completed. If not completed provide updates to when they will be completed.
- All communication with customers or colleagues whether written or verbal or via smart sheet should be in a professional and timely manner.
- Strictly adhere to all the standards contained within the department quality manual.
- Identify training requirements and gaps in knowledge during development period (Jan 2018)
- Obtain practical Completion certificates once snags are complete whenever possible whether signed or not.
- Obtain opportunities to manage own projects and progress Contract Manager training whenever possible.
- Support Contract Manager, Brand Manager and CAD designers in meeting or site attendance cover whenever practical and as required.
The successful candidate will be provided with a van, utilise their own tools (and be replaced by contractor when required) and work with the company project managers to complete installations/snags/extra’s on site quicker and in a professional manner.
It will be the candidates responsibility to report these snags/extras and communicate with the customer once they have been completed.
This is a great opportunity within a highly reputable organisation which offers fantastic career prospects and longevity. Ideally, they are looking for someone who would like to become a Contract Manager in the future. This role would typically suit an engineer who has experience of catering installations, any gas safe certification and 17th edition basic electrics qualification. The company will help the successful candidate obtain any qualifications needed over time.
£25,000pa basic salary, up to 30% bonus possibility, company van, mobile phone, 20 days holiday. 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday with some unsociable hours required at times.