Our Client, a leading UK waste and resource management company, has an exciting opportunity for a Contract Manager to join their team in East Anglia. The successful candidate will be delivering operations in accordance with best practise, company procedures and Local Authority Contract Documents.
- Knowledge with the operational requirements of the Contracts.
- Represent our client at contract review meetings with other clients.
- Ensure the delivery of the Contract by:
- Ensuring all operations are fully integrated into our client, both procedurally and culturally.
- Recognising the importance of new service delivery standards and expectations.
- Monitoring and reporting, in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Update the Service Delivery Plan as and when.
- Taking prompt action to investigate and rectify any shortcomings in service delivery.
- Setting appropriate targets that deliver continuous improvement in service standards.
- Working with site staff and customers to gather and implement suggestions.
- Working with colleagues in Health and Safety to develop and implement appropriate management systems, monitoring regimes and documentation.
- Ensuring that any breaches of Health & Safety are fully recorded, investigated and acted upon in accordance with WRG's standards, policies and procedures.
- Continuous improvement and innovation in terms of customer service, re-use, recycling and customer experience.
- Maximise recycling rates.
- Ensure prompt invoicing of off-takers, recyclers and councils.
- Manage and co-ordinate the collection and recording of data.
- Oversee recruitment, employment, management and training of all employees Develop contingency plans and arrangements to support permanent staffing arrangements.
- Provide training to ensure that the facility operatives possess the necessary range of skills to produce the required results.
- Supported by the Regional Finance Manager, prepare reports showing financial performance against the budget.
- Preparation of budgets and interim financial reports as required.
- Control the repair and maintenance procedures of equipment on-sites.
- Excellent communications skills; both written and spoken.
- Numerate and IT literate.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally educated to at least A level standard; ideally a graduate in process or business disciplines.
- Relevant COTC holder, or prepared to work towards attainment.
- Experience in managing front line, customer focused multi-site operations.
- Strong reputation for consistent delivery of projects on time and to budget within a demanding environment.
- Operational management experience.
- Knowledgeable in the waste recycling sector.
- Experience of contracts and contract mechanisms.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Charles Cocklin at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.