|Job Title:||Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) - Civils - Rail|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Car allowance and benefits|
|Contact Name:||Clare Vachell|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our client is a large progressing engineering organisation and are experiencing major growth within their rail department. Due to the level of work they are receiving and expecting to receive in the future there is an urgent need to expand on their permanent railway engineering team.
Position Description for Contracts Responsible Engineer Rail Construction (CRE)
As a CRE in the Birmingham Depot you will be responsible for:
- Playing a critical part within the business, managing the liaison between the consultancy, the client and the contractor.
- Working within a busy environment, checking and making alterations of consultant designs in conjunction with the works on site
- Signing off designed as an authorised CRE in the construction team of a railway project
- Working closely with the design consultancy and the client, reviewing their drawings against client specification and build ability.
- Visiting the railway construction sites dealing with any ongoing alterations and ensuring the project is completed to specification
Required experience of the Contracts Responsible Engineer Rail Construction (CRE)
As a CRE in the Birmingham Depot you will be:
- Educated to HNC, and ideally degree level with construction experience within the rail industry
- Previously or currently signed off as a Railway civils CRE (Contracts Responsible Engineer) for structures, construction or earthworks.
You will have:
- A background in construction with substantial experience working on rail projects particularly Network Rail (NWR)
- Experience with stations and buildings experience such as platform, canopies, footbridge renewals and refurbishments. This is an essential requirement as Network Rail (NWR) will not sign off without it.
In return you will receive a competitive basic salary, a generous car allowance, expenses paid, an attractive holiday allowance and a company pension plus other excellent benefits but most importantly the opportunity to fulfil a long and successful career within a well-established engineering company offering you the support and development you deserve.
If you are interested in this position and would like to know more information, please call Clare Vachell at ALLEN & YORK or connect with me on Linkedin for a confidential conversation.