Contracts Manager - Nationwide
The leading consultancy has a wide portfolio of clients in a number of sectors including rail, transport, water and property. They work collaboratively client project teams and offer new ways with implementing innovative systems and techniques to drive environmental excellence and wider project efficiency.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the identification and tracking of major and strategic project opportunities across the company.
- Providing advice and guidance on major project opportunities and participate in strategic business development initiatives.
- Maintaining high level business contacts within the environmental consultancy sector.
- Working with regional project teams to provide and deliver professional services with regard to the contractual and commercial aspects of environmental consultancy project work.
- Assisting with researching and cascading the latest contractual guidance, best practice and implement methods of working to improve the business' efficiency and accuracy.
- Identifying market trends and obtaining new opportunities and develop the strategy for bidding for work based upon a network of industry contacts.
- Typically a Chartered professional member of at least one recognised Institution and member of the Association of Project Management.
- Typically requires a second degree in a relevant discipline and hold appropriate post-graduate qualifications in contract management and/or contract law.
- Ideally an Accredited Project Manager for the NEC3 form of contract.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience, preferably in the environmental consultancy sector, and accustomed to leading a team of staff on large, complex projects.
- Typically at least 12 years' post-graduate experience, including at least 3 years relevant experience at Principal grade.
- Proficient using Microsoft Project and ideally Primavera programming software.
- A detailed understanding of the standard forms of contract, methods of measurement and common specifications used for the environmental consultancy sector.
- The ability to advise on the most technically and economically appropriate solution on a project by project basis.
- The ability to convince clients, regulators and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Decisive, a good negotiator and always acting with integrity.
The consultancy maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
I look forward to receiving your application shortly or please call Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202.