|Job Title:||Contracts Tender Manager|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Lisa Newman|
|Job Published:||almost 2 years ago|
Contracts Tender Manager - FTSE 100 Company
South West London / Birmingham
Allen & York are currently working with a FTSE 100 organisation in their search for a Contracts Tender Manager. You will be at the centre of the commercial workings of the company, supporting, sales, buying, operations and suppliers in the retention and growth of new business.
This will involve the management of customer tenders and renewal negotiations.
Strong influencing skills, ability to self-manage, take the initiative, manage multiple timelines and support and guide others will all be key attributes to carry out this role successfully. You will report to the Purchasing Director.
Job Accountabilities of the Contracts Tender Manager
- Monitor target segment and market activity to identify potential tender opportunities.
- Work with the purchasing director and operations support to assess and qualify tender opportunities in line with the established business strategy and agreed evaluation matrices.
- Evaluate bids to determine key requirements and plan all components and structures necessary to create "winning bids" which are positively differentiated from competitors. Ensure that there is a language and presentational match with the client prospect, their culture and any/all ITT or RFP conditions.
- Create, manage and lead functioning and high performance virtual bid teams and structure said teams according to the specific skills necessary and bid criteria. Co-ordinate virtual team (and other) stakeholders to project manage all stages of engagement required in order to secure relevant internal/external input necessary to produce high quality ITT/RFP responses.
- Create professional and timely client focused "winning bid" responses which not only match stated and perceived requirements, but propel the organization forward as a partner and supplier of choice with the ability to both deliver today and innovate tomorrow.
- Represent the business at existing client and client prospect meetings and briefings required by any active or prospective bid process. In so doing, work to establish positive relationships with key external stakeholders.
- Liaise with key external partners, as necessary, in research exercises, commercial partnerships and consortium bid responses as necessary
Contracts Tender Manager - Person Specification
- You will be a friendly, assertive, and independent individual. Quick paced and have the ability to motivate others. Approachability and effective communication skills are key attributes for this role, as the job environment will require the active influencing and persuading of a variety of people in changing situations.
- A keen interest in sustainability and the environment.
- A proven track record of building robust client relationships
- Generating and "closing" new business
- Ability to negotiate potentially complex contracts
- Industry knowledge and contacts in the waste management/recycling/ food/foodservice/catering sector would be advantageous
- 3+ years of bid management
- Ability to prioritise and assess deliverables against exacting timescales.
- Able to analyse complex requirements and translate into a defined structure against which clear requirements and success criteria can be produced.
- Maintain a high level of strategic awareness and capability to pre-empt potential issues and navigate such challenges.
- Deliver a quality of written word which is crafted to suit the target audience and requirement for which it is being produced.
- Track, monitor and manage multiple bid projects simultaneously.
- Competent in Microsoft Office products, XL and Stock software programmes
- A keen interest in the UK food scene selling or supplying in any market sector.
We look forward to receiving your application.