Central Control Room Supervisor - EfW
Our Client, a waste and recycling management service, is looking for a Central Control Room Supervisor to join their shift team in the South East of England.
The successful candidate will be directing the activities of the Crane Driver/ Assistant Plant Operators and Generation Plant Operators, to optimise incineration and power generation within the constraints of safe operating parameters.
· Ensuring that all plant under the control room supervisor's control is operated in accordance with good operating practice at all times during commissioning, start up, normal operations and shutdown.
· Supervision and instruction of Plant Operators and Crane Driver/Apo's.
· Ensuring that plant emissions, do not exceed authorised limits.
· Synchronising and loading of four 12.5 MW main Turbines and two 2.7 MW house sets.
· Remote switching of 11KV and 3.3KV switchgear.
· Carrying out routine plant checks and tests.
· Taking appropriate action on receipt of alarms, and during events of abnormal operating conditions.
· Liaising with outside electrical distribution agencies with regard to the HV system.
· Initiation of emergency service requirements.
· Keeping accurate records of staff attendance and absence reports.
· Responsible for ensuring that any Quality, Safety or Environmental Systems procedures are performed in accordance with appropriate requirements.
· Required to carry out appropriate training within their area of expertise and also undertake training.
Personal Characteristics and Competencies:
· Minimum: C&G Boiler Operation, Turbine Operation or equivalent. Preferably National Certificate level in mechanical or electrical or plant engineering.
· Must have experience in the operation of Boilers, Turbines and auxiliary plant, or suitable alternative experience augmented by further training.
· A commitment to undertake own training as deemed necessary and to train others when required to do so.
· The ability to lead the team as well as work as part of a team to solve problems.
· An attention to detail that ensures the highest standards of quality and performance and a high level of awareness/observation across the site.
· Excellent communication skills; both spoken and written.
· Demonstrable numerical and literacy skills.
· Suitably medical fit to perform the duties in the existing conditions with good time keeping and attendance record.
· A high level of knowledge of site procedures.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Charles Cocklin at Allen & York Ltd on 01202 888986.