We are working with a leading Smart Grid company who are looking to add to their engineering department. This involves a requirement for a Controls Engineer with an extensive experience with Control Systems and PLCs. Based in Central London if you have an interest in supporting the future of our energy infrastructure, and if you're happy to travel the country on exciting high level projects then this could be for you.
The right candidate will be responsible for designing and implementation the integration of the companie's products throughout various industries as well as site level commissioning and some electrical installation work.
- Survey sites and carry out Commissioning for various clients UK wide
- Interpret requirements and identify engineering problems ensuring solutions are implemented
- Ability for Troubleshooting under high pressure is essential
- Coordinating & monitoring of sub-contractors
- Oversee the end to end installation ensuring build quality is to a high standard
- Testing installations and systems, and analysing data
- Perform PLC control level issue diagnosis
- Read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings
- Hands on fault finding on site and in office
- Attending meetings, writing reports and giving presentations to managers and clients
What we need from you:
- Control system working experience
- ONC, OND, HNC, HND, or a full engineering apprenticeship and/or qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 in Electrical/Mechanical Installation
- Clean UK Driving License
- Previous experience working on large industrial sites
- Microsoft Office
- SolidWorks or Visio or AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Generators & BMS system
- Experience working in the Energy/Utilities sector
- Own or have access to a vehicle
If you feel you are a junior option for this position but possess Control System and PLC knolwedge/experience then do still get in touch. There is a more junior option with the same client that could fit!