|Job Title:||Cost Engineer - Water|
|Location:||UK - England - South East England, London|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Bullen|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
Cost Engineer – Water
The Cost Manager reports to the Head of Project Controls and be a key member of the Project Delivery Team [Office based/Site based – Specific to role]. To proactively manage and be comfortable communicating the key financial issues surrounding the Infrastructure Programme and its component projects to ensure that each is being completed to time and budget.
- Responsible for providing all the Budgeting and Cost Management Services for the Infrastructure Programme.
- To set and deliver appropriate benchmarked cost plans that reflect the scope of each project and support each business case.
- Support the Programme Director and Head of Project Controls by delivering optimum value for money solutions.
- Set challenging cost plans / targets for projects to deliver to.
- Risk management techniques to mitigate and manage change.
- Overall ownership and responsibility for the setup, delivery and adoption of the cost management procedures (PER09) required by the Infrastructure Programme.
- Set challenging cost plans / targets for projects to deliver to, and manage all the budgeting, cost management and contingency allowances for the Infrastructure Programme.
- Work with Financial and Commercial Management to support the evolution, delivery and management of an appropriate procurement strategy and financial accounting systems.
- Ensure that programme and project cost plans are robust and integrated, represent value for money, and are supported by a consistent internal and external benchmarking.
- Set up WBS and CBS structures that are aligned to performance metrics and estimating norms.
- Ensure that programme and project cost reporting is timely, accurate and complete.
- Develop dashboards that will enable informed decisions to be made on investment commitments that are driven by Client outcomes.
- Pro-actively support the drive to improve productivity and generate new ideas.
- Work with the Project Teams to forecast out turn cost for each project, identify new and existing opportunities and to drive the development and execution of realisation plans and any potential value engineered solutions.
- Prepare and maintain the Infrastructure Programme Master Cost Plan and ensure costs are monitored and reported in relevant systems.
- Control the process for making payments and preparing cash flow forecasts for the value of work done.
- Manage the process for obtaining approvals through the Gateway process to project estimates at defined key stages.
- Manage the process for checking, auditing and approving all relevant project invoices.
- Provide constructive but determined challenge to proposed change, identify impacts and effects on the Project outcome.
- Along with the lead Commercial Manager, support the Programme Director and Head of Project Controls by acting as the Programme ‘commercial conscience’.
- Promote, through word and action, a single, integrated team culture that values openness, integrity and transparency.
- Manage and co-ordinate the consistent implementation of the best practice cost management procedures (including core and key processes) at programme and project level.
- Support the approvals process and ensure work is instructed in compliance with policies and procedure.
- Proactive and Trusted advisor to the Delivery Team
- Informed decision making based on Benchmarked cost estimates / cost plans.
- Costs managed, valued and paid efficiently for the value of work done and in accordance with the relevant contract.
- Costs monitored and reported in relevant systems with early warning of any cost pressures, programme impacts and risks to outcomes proactively notified to Stakeholders.
- Final accounts and projects closed on time and to budget.
- Cost information appropriately captured, communicated and archived.
- Lesson learned captured and communicated.