Our client is a leading national waste management business. On their behalf, we are seeking to appoint a Crane Driver.
Crane Driver will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the bunker refuse cranes, ash conveyors, boiler quench baths, precipitator fly ash plant and boiler sump pumps.
Main Responsibilities will include, but not limit:
- Ensuring that all outside plant under the crane driver control is operated in accordance with good operating practice at all times during commissioning, start up, normal operations and shutdown, and in accordance with the instructions of the Duty Shift Engineer, through the Control Room Supervisor
- Liaising as and when necessary, and as instructed by the Duty Shift Engineer, with Control Room Supervisors, Mechanical, Electrical and Instrument maintenance departments, and with Contractors
- Keeping a continuous check of the operational status of plant under the crane driver's control by means of instrumentation, indicators and regular inspection
- Carrying out routine plant checks and tests as instructed, maintaining log books and sheets as required, and reporting defects and abnormalities to the Duty Shift Engineer, through the Control Room Supervisor.
- Carrying out scheduled cleaning duties.
- Clearing of blockages and spillages. In the case of residual plant, these spillages may be in a cold, wet environment.
- Operating precipitator fly ash plant.
- Operating cranes to transfer refuse from bunkers to boiler feed chutes at the rate required to maintain the correct level in those feed chutes.
- Liaising with traffic control where necessary, and as instructed by the Duty Shift Engineer to manage stocks of refuse in the bunkers.
- Trimming bunkers and mixing refuse to ensure consistency of the fuel being fed to the boilers, also ensuring that materials which could cause damage to the boilers and associated plant do not enter the system.
- Assisting in clearing blockages in the feed chutes.
- Minimum: C&G Auxiliary Plant Operator. Accredited crane driving skill (CITB or similar)
- Must have experience in the operation of cranes and auxiliary plant
Please Note: All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK without the need for employer sponsorship.
We look forward to receiving your application.