Allen & York are recruiting a Cyber Development specialist for a Global consultancy focused on providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification to join their Cyber Security team in Peterborough or London
Based within a service area (Operational Excellence), that also carries out specialist work in Smart Metering, Smart Energy Technologies, Smart Systems, Smart Energy Testing; the Cyber Security team - and this role will be in the Cyber Security team - works mainly on the evaluation and testing of IT products against the Common Criteria and UK Government's Commercial Product Assurance scheme. We are seeking like-minded, dynamic and ambitious individuals to help with the continued development of leading edge cyber testing tools, particularly our fuzz testing suite. Characteristics required for the role will include flexibility and adaptability to work with a minimum of supervision to take forwards the design and scope of the testing suite; an enthusiasm and aptitude for rapid learning and developing new skills; and a combination of systematic working to ensure comprehensive coverage, with creativity to develop new attack ideas. The successful candidate will work closely with technical leads, business consultants and analysts from the UK (and other countries from time to time). The role will require good development skills (especially using Java and Eclipse RCP) to both support and develop our specialist toolset. The role reports to the Head of Section - Cyber Security and Product Evaluation, and is London or Peterborough based. Previous work experience in this discipline is desirable, but not essential.
- Development of models for specified protocols, to enable these to be integrated into our testing suite.
- Assistance in developing other software tools to support evaluation tasks.
- Setting up and maintaining test environments for products to be evaluated.
- Reporting on development progress and issues.
- Client-facing meetings as required.
- Building relationship networks with colleagues.
- Sharing professional knowledge with colleagues.
- Contributing to company's R&D projects.
- Experience in developing using Eclipse RCP
- Software development knowledge including both scripting and application programming (some experience of software development is essential; experience of software developments in commercial environments is desirable but not essential)
- Minimum of bachelors engineering degree in computer science or software engineering (or more general science/maths if supplemented by sufficient relevant experience). First class degree preferred (or alternative demonstration of strong intellectual ability).
- Enquiring mind with the ability to question and probe beyond the surface of designs and visible interfaces.
- Fast research and learning of new technical background information.
- Dynamic/enthusiastic, combined with the ability to be methodical and structured in the approach to evaluation work.
- Creative in development of new attack ideas and methods.
- Team working.
- Knowledge of cryptography and its application to IT protocols and products is also desirable.
- Previous product evaluation experience is not essential.