Our client is a world leader in Offshore Wind Power.
They are currently looking to recruit a Deputy Operations Manager for one of their operational Offshore Wind Farms.
The Deputy Operations Manager's responsibilities are to support the Operations Manager to plan, direct and manage the performance of the company's operations at the site, as dictated by the overall strategy so as to maintain and develop business growth in accordance with the agreed business strategy.
The Deputy Operations Manager is responsible for the maintenance, equipment, personnel and safety. Co- ordinating staff and plan work at site. The Deputy Operational Manager is also accountable and responsible for the development and management of the wind technicians including PDD and evaluation.
Maintain an understanding of the company asset integrity management policy and strategy and relevant responsibilities of the job.
- Maintain and deliver a focus on a positive HSE culture
- Reporting and follow up on observations, incidents and accidents
- Contribute to the site HSE management plan
- Deputise in the Operation Manager's absence
- Management of the wind technicians: PDD, evaluation, training and education, disciplinary actions, approve hours, absence, vacation and expenses etc.
- Responsible for delivering on activities as laid out in the yearly site plan
- Assessment of weather in cooperation with the Offshore Coordinator
- Participate in Emergency Response Plan
- Carry out planned and daily maintenance on site and on onshore facilities
- Responsible for O&M planning of service vessel, tools and equipment
- Maintain status overview on service, retrofits, remedy work etc.
- Participate in and contribute to morning toolbox talks, technician briefings etc.
- Carry out toolbox talks
- Participate in planning meeting about yearly service, retrofits and other assignments
- Ensure latest version of technical documentation is available and implemented.
- Proactive in sharing best-practice across sites
- Support the First Line of support in connection with the technical elements of the wind farm such as turbines, IT-systems, substations, foundations, etc.
- Liaise with OFTO asset management
- Review RAMS , technical documentation and WTSR for compliance to procedures
- Carrying out Risk Assessments
- Coordinating contact to subcontractors regarding planning of maintenance planning, inspection and execution
- Ensure the validity of own safety certificates: Global Wind Organisations Standard Basic Safety
- Training (BST) etc.
- Be proactive in maintaining competence level required for the job
- To ensure an efficient and safe operation and maintenance of the Wind Turbines and OFTO assets
- Follow up and coordinate work at the Wind farm.
- Supply data for short- and long-term maintenance planning
- Team management
- Leadership and communication skills
- Electrical or mechanical engineering working experience in a relevant industry
- Experience of working in health and safety critical environments.
- IT and Presentation skills
- Planning and reporting experience
- Experience of scheduling and planning personnel, tooling and spares preferably in SAP
- Experience in the administration and analysis of timesheets & time recording.
- Technical, electrical, engineering or mechanical background (eg. Higher National Certificate (HNC), apprentice certificate or equivalent)
- BEng or BSc or similar
- Experience in the Offshore Industry from either Wind or Oil & Gas industry