|Job Title:||Design & Planning Engineer - Power T & D|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Luke Sanders|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Our client is a fast growing ICP who undertake new electrical utility connections in most areas of the UK. They are looking to recruit a Design & Planning Engineer to undertake design and planning associated with the construction and installation of new electricity contestable connections up to and including 11/33/66kV, on behalf of a growing independent company with a national footprint.
- To design Contestable Connection schemes in accordance with engineering directives.
- Produce effective plans and schematic drawings for all aspects of the project.
- Design electricity connections to engineering standards including DNO/IDNO, ENA and BS7671 specifications.
- Make site visits to ascertain detailed information related to the design and planning of a project.
- Manage own portfolio of design work, on time and within budget.
- Ensure design compliance with CDM.
- Liaise with and support the UKPS team on technical and planning matters to ensure smooth project delivery.
- To be fully aware of the market that UK Power Solutions are operating within.
- Ideally a degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline, with modules in Power Distribution.
- A sound understanding of distribution networks will be most advantageous.
- Keen to work in electrical design and planning.
- Previous experience of connections design is a distinct advantage.
- Solid organisational awareness and ability.
- Ability to work effectively within a team, with good communication skills and a collaborative ethic.
- Customer service orientated, and a desire to achieve the best results and contribute to the success.
- Analytical thinker.