Our client is a multi-utility solutions provider. They are recruiting a Design Approvals Manager to manage their Management of a design approvals team to ensure targets are in line with the operating plan.
- Management of the design approvals, technical and admin support team.
- Review and authorise design proposals in line with company approvals process.
- Produce detailed monthly performance reports.
- Support BDM's with client liaison, to consult on design proposals and develop relationships to acquire new business.
- Create working relationships with external stakeholders e.g. DNO's, GT's & WA's
- Liaison with Project Managers, construction teams and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that health and safety procedures are complied with at all times with a specific focus on CDM Regs (Construction Design Management Regulations).
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent in Electrical, Gas or Water engineering or similar engineering function.
- Thorough knowledge of design approval processes relating to the electricity, gas and water distribution network industries.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of utility connection industry Standards.
- Proven ability to manage coach, mentor and develop staff at all levels.
- Flexible, well organised with the ability to work to tight timescales and deadlines.
- Excellent people and process management skills.
- Strong supervisory and communication skills, ability to build good relationships, to be proactive in maintaining and enhancing the company's reputation.