Design Engineer - Power Distribution
Our client is a leading ICP in the power industry. They are recruiting for a Design Engineer to Engineering support to customer enquiries and orders to the business.
- Effective planning to meet overall company objectives.
- Ensuring the design work is in accordance with Customer and Business requirements.
- Ensure procurement activities meet procurement processes.
- Ensure effective management of internal asset value documentation.
- May develop the authority to design approve subject to suitable competency sign-off.
- May develop the authority to approve estimates and standard T's and C's Contracts subject to suitable competency sign-off.
- Supports on DNO/IDNO and key Customer Interfaces.
- Knowledgeable of current technical specifications such as G81, ENA ER standards, etc.
- Ability to recognise gaps in competencies, be it technical or soft skills.
- Represents Company at external meetings.
- Fulfilling the role as designer as well as taking responsibility for all assigned resources acting with the delegated authority of the Senior Design Engineer.
- Promotion of zero harm culture.
- Adherence to all HSEQ compliance issues through the development of project pack and supporting the project Health and Safety Plan.
Skills and Experience
- Organisational and Time Management
- Ability to compile professional correspondence
- Relationship management - Managing customer expectations
- Team working
- Effective Project Management skills
- Desire to succeed
- Desire to extend technical specialism to aid the Business
- Degree or equivalent qualification, lesser qualification with experience
- Good and relevant Technical knowledge through experience, training and or education
- Training shall be provided to work towards an industry recognised project management qualification
- Further training in technical aspects relevant to the effective delivery of projects and management of customers