Multiple locations across England on a contract basis - Don't miss out!
Are you a Design Engineer with expereince within the rail industry? If so, this is a great opportuntiy to work on a contract basis with an organisation that specialize in design for the Rail industry.
The organisation has a established team, that's currently expanding due the increasing number of projects. This role is very dinamic and you will be working with the Design Manager directl with the opportunity to develop yur ouwn team.
Part of your daily responsabilities:
- To assist the Design Manager to produce general arrangement drawings.
- Produce detail design drawings.
- Accurate timekeeping records to be produced & kept up to date for charging purposes.
- Assist Design Manager as required.
Requirements of the role
- Willing and able to work as part of the Design Team with personal skills to promote good relationships and a friendly working environment. Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Work towards an understanding of the industry specifics & the methods used.
- Assist and prepare structural calculations and designs.
- Flexible in approach to deadlines.
- Attend site as and when required.
- Produce Ground Investigation reports as and when required.
- Co-ordination of 3rd party contractors and designers.
- Interdisciplinary design co-ordination.
Core objectives of the role
- Timekeeping & commitment to the company demands.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to manage time and produce design drawings accurately to tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills via, face to face/telephone.
- To increase your knowledge of the Company & their procedures.
- Develop 3D skills.
- Gain a good understanding of the CDM Regs 2015, BIM and Rail Standards.
If this job description matches your skills set, please get in touch or send your CV across for more details!