One of Scotland's leading utility organisations specialising in providing multi utility solutions to various clients across the domestic, industrial and commercial sectors are looking for a Design Manager.
- You will be responsible for undertaking all works relating to producing quotes for new enquires.
- You will undertake design duties for simple water mains designs, complex water mains designs (Complex designs to be checked by Technical Advisor) and maintain/update water main design procedures in line with current standards and legislation.
- Responsible for all AutoCAD standards, producing AutoCAD drawings and keeping register of all drawings signed out through a drawing register.
- Will complete all as laid drawings for Gas, Water and Electric networks.
- Will be responsible for carrying out quality audits on water main laying teams to ensure quality or work and vans are properly kitted out and materials stored in a safe manner.
- Will be Incorporated Water Engineer (with IWO) or working towards this level.
- They are familiar with the Company Health, Safety and Environmental Policy and the arrangements for Health and Safety;
- They are familiar and up to date with the necessary standards and regulations imposed by utility providers and provides appropriate guidance and procedures for works to be undertaken;
- Will have a basic understanding of Gas and Electrical networks in order to produce costs for these works