DESIGN MANAGER (RAIL FIXED TELECOM) - Derby or York
This role will also consider other regions sites: Birmingham - Manchester - Chippeham
Our client is a global innovative engineering organisation specialising within the Rail sector and is constantly providing innovate solutions for the rail industry. Our client is offering a great opportunity to its employees to develop a career within the company.
We are looking for an experienced Telecoms Design Manager to join their main offices in the Derby area. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Manager to join a reputable organisation and a developed team. As the Design Manager, you will be responsible for the Management of the Design Team within their Fixed Telecoms Engineering Department and undertake delivery of the design aspects for the Fixed Telecoms projects.
About the role
- Lead the Design Engineering team which includes Engineers located at multiple sites across England and in Scotland.
- Ensure that all Safety aspect are planned, executed and reviewed as in design part of an excellent safety culture within the business.
- Manage the national portfolio of tendering design work-packages through allocation of engineering resources to prepare design estimates
- Manage functional and operational change effectively and efficiently to support business success, growth, development and adaptation.
- Prepare and maintain resource requirements to meet short term work bank surplus/shortfall
- Chartered Engineer status or appropriate professional status and relevant engineering qualification
- Considerable and established knowledge and interest in the rail telecoms industry, significant experience of telecoms engineering implementation on large main line schemes in the UK
- Safety culture aware - proven ability to lead, influence and develop safety culture to latest strategies and methods.
- Broad base of Engineering skills, experiences, knowledge and competencies covering the full engineering lifecycle.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is looking for genuine career progression within a company who strongly believes in the career development of their employees. You will also be working on and leading teams on some of the UK's most prestigious and high profile projects.
Our client is offering a competitive basic salary + great benefits.
We look forward to receiving your application.