|Job Title:||Design Quotations Manager - Utilities|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Luke Sanders|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client is a multi-utility solutions provider. They are recruiting a Design Approvals Manager to manage all technical design Quotations, managing both projects and people to ensure that quotations are completed to company and industry standards and to customer agreed time scales and requirements.
- Management of the design quotations, technical and admin support team.
- Review and authorise quotations within agreed company commercial process.
- Examine engineering options to meet customer requirements whilst identifying technical a commercial risk.
- Produce detailed monthly performance reports.
- Support BDM's with client liaison, to consult on design proposals and develop relationships to acquire new business.
- Create working relationships with external stakeholders e.g. DNO's, GT's & WA's.
- Liaison with customers, consultants and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that health and safety procedures are complied with at all times.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of all duties.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent in Electrical, Gas or Water engineering or similar engineering function.
- Thorough knowledge of project based commercial bid and quotations processes, preferably gained within the utilities industry.
- Demonstrable experience of managing 'customer facing' quotations process in a commercial environment.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of utility connection industry standards.
- Proven ability to manage coach, mentor and develop staff at all levels.
- Flexible, well organised with the ability to work to tight timescales and deadlines.
- Excellent people and process management skills.
- Strong commercial acumen, supervisory and communication skills.
- Ability to build good relationships, to be proactive in maintaining and enhancing the company's reputation with our customers.
- IT competent with knowledge of relevant design based software packages.