Development Engineer/Proposals Engineer - Water Utilities
- Ideally to be an HNC / HND or Degree qualified engineer with wide experience of the water and wastewater industry.
- Person to be an excellent communicator and negotiator, with good technical and inter-personal skills, able to be self-motivated to produce quality results.
- A flair for organisation and commercial awareness to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- To be fully mobile (including full driving license)
Job Role and Responsibilities
Manage the client relationships, development and submission of proposals for winning new business and commercial opportunities in the business market areas.
- Take lead of Thames Water and Severn Trent Water region
- Manage the preparation of proposal / Pre-qualification documents
- Support of any required Due Diligence
- Pre - Tender assessment of new opportunities and project viability
- Control of Opportunity programmes and monitoring costs
- Development of technical proposal reviews
- Control of Proposal document final presentation to prescribed deadlines
- Client liaison on project basis (central point of contact)
- Close liaison with Business Development Director
- Manage Proposal Presentation to Clients
- Post Tender discussions
- Assist with developing new facts and information for marketing tools for FLI Water
- Enhancement of standard proposal documents, costing and project risk templates
- Feedback on Market and Competitor Analysis
- To ensure the successful delivery of project proposals to generate new revenue streams.
- To assist with the development of FLI Water as a UK market leader in the provision of wastewater treatment technology.
- Establish the business as a Tier 2 MEICA supplier in 2 main utility company regions
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- A problem solver (able to think out of the box)
- Good team player, able to integrate with multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Flexible and commercially innovative
- Focus and methodical of mind
- Confident, able to influence at all levels
- Passionate - results and quality driven
- Good presentation skills
- Proposal document preparation and project development aptitude
- Good working knowledge of Municipal water and wastewater sectors
- Engineering / Technician Background
- Project planning and management
- Commercial and estimating skills
- Project delivery experience
- Experience in using MS-Word, Excel, Power-point and MS-project.
- Knowledge of risk assessment and mitigation