Our client is one of the biggest investment and asset managers within the renewable energy sector.
They employ over 500 people and manage more than £5 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors.
They are looking for an experienced Asset Management Director to manage an expanding international portfolio of solar and wind farms. The portfolio, which includes one of the largest in the UK, is owned by investors managed funds or companies, primarily as a long term hold.
The assets are valued in excess of £2Bn and the P&L responsibility for the portfolio sits with the Asset Management Director.
Their ambition is to significantly grow the portfolio both in the UK and abroad as well as potentially expanding to new technologies such as off-shore wind. The Asset Management Director is expected to be an Investment Committee member and his/her team will also support the due diligence and onboarding of new assets.
- Define, measure, deliver and be accountable for the asset management strategy for solar and wind, such that investor returns are enhanced and risk is minimised.
- Drive fast issue resolution incl. commercial decision making and getting approvals from the relevant investment committee as appropriate
- Ensure effective management and cooperation with the operators of the power plants to monitor gather and manage detailed data for the portfolio companies and optimise performance throughout the life cycle of plants;
- Manage contractual framework agreements across the portfolio to drive efficiency and quality and allow swift upsizing of the portfolio
- Deliver portfolio optimisation; this could include operational or technical projects, restructurings, portfolio tendering, third party debt refinancing or exit strategies
- Oversee competent financial and cash management of the SPVs including accounting, budgeting, revenue and cost management, cash management and forecasting. This includes maintaining operating budget models that are also relied on for valuation purposes
- Manage risk carefully, including all aspects of HSE and defining and overseeing a broader risk management framework in place, designed to identify any issues early and resolve them in a timely fashion
- Design, deliver and manage appropriate insurance and other risk mitigation policies across the portfolio
- Work closely with investment teams to assess contractual and/or commercial opportunities and risks with new deals, in the process preparing the asset management teams for asset on-boarding.
- 10yrs + experience within an utility, investor, asset manager or service provider of Wind or Solar energy assets.
- Leadership of complex contractual negotiations including contract enforcement, taking into account commercial, legal and technical considerations
- Material team management and development skills
- Significant commercial experience in the wind industry, preferably with additional experience in other infrastructure management services
- High level of competence communicating with a wide range of C level stakeholders, including funders
- Strategic leadership and communication skills
- Experience of managing construction
- Knowledge and experience of private equity deals, project finance and private company valuations, including investment committees and other financial governance
- Financial management, accounting or forecasting skills
- Excellent at delegating, yet able to quickly identify when he/she needs to step in
- Looking for a challenging role in a fast moving and constantly evolving environment