Allen & York have been engaged by an established UK Geological and Environmental Consultancy, engaged in coal and minerals exploration and mining, and in geo-environmental engineering. Recently, our client has taken on project in the UK, Europe and central Asia on pot ash and coal exploration. We are now looking to support the expansion of our client's services into metalliferous minerals exploration and evaluation, and in areas of new technology such as shale gas.
We require an experienced Minerals Geologist to undertake business development, assist in a range of projects in the UK and overseas, and to increase our client's exposure to the wider metalliferous minerals and mining sector.
The role will entail developing the design, coordination and directing exploration programmes, undertaking technical due diligence of resource opportunities and preparing technical reports and mineral resource and reserve assessments to international standards. The candidate is to have a keen interest in business development, a good all-round geological knowledge base, recent practical experience of exploration and mining geology, ability in geological/mining computer analysis and an appreciation of commercial issues.
MANAGERIAL CAPABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Principal / Director will be responsible for managing and developing minerals and economic geology services. This position will entail a significant managerial role and, as such, the candidate should have the following managerial capabilities:
- Planning, budgeting and financial management at project and company level.
- Preparation of proposals and consortium bids.
- Undertaking a managerial role to expand, develop and sustain the budgetary, technical output and performance of the geotechnical services.
- Client management and development of marketing initiatives.
- Quality management and approving the technical output of projects and initiating procedures to monitor and ensure that the technical and professional standard of output meets with current guidance and regulations.
- Team leadership, staff training, management and development.
- Acting as a technical expert both to clients and regulators.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate an understanding and capability in a number of the following areas:
- Design, coordination and management of minerals exploration programmes and site investigations including the preparation of contract documentation and contractor selection.
- Advanced skills in geological/geochemical and/or geophysics interpretation and modelling.
- Knowledge of mineral deposit exploration, development and mining in the UK and overseas.
- Experienced in due diligence and project review work for mining companies and PE investors.
- Production of interpretative reports and mineral resource reports to comply with international reporting codes.
- Ability for independent working, creative thinking and good client contact skills.
- Chartered status and Qualified/ Competent Person for NI 43-101 and JORC compliant reporting